1. Hyoung-Soo: How was the Ptges -/- mouse made? Is the entire gene deleted or only part?
Prostaglandin E Synthase Knockout Mice (Ptges-/-)
Mice homozygous for this Ptges2 (prostaglandin E synthase 2) targeted mutation exhibit reduced prostaglandin E2 synthesis
Availability: Under development for distribution colony (JAX mice)'
Creator: Beverly Koller (UNC-CH)
Detailed information was not given on the creation of this allele.
Targeting gene: mPGES2 (Ptges2tm1bhk)
Prostaglandin synthase 2 gene disruption causes severe renal pathology in the mouse. Cell. 83(3):473-82 (1995)
A targeting vector containing neomycin resistance (NeoR) and herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase (TK) genes was used to disrupt exon 4.
Selection markers for electroporated ES cells
1) Neomycin resistance gene: G-418 (Positive selection)
2) Thymidine kinase gene: Gangcylovir (Negative selection)
1. Chen, M. et al. Lipid mediators in innate immunity against tuberculosis: opposing roles of PGE2 and LXA4 in the induction of macrophage death. J. Exp. Med. 205, 2791-801 (2008)
2. Tilley, S.L. et al. Reproductive failure and reduced blood pressure in mice lacking the EP2 prostaglandin E2 receptor. J. Clin. Invest. 103:1539-154 (1999)
3. Khandrasekharan S et al. Coupling of COX-1 to mPGES1 for prostaglandin E2 biosynthesis in the murine mammary gland. J Lipid Res 46(12):2636-48 (2005)
4. Prostaglandin synthase 2 gene disruption causes severe renal pathology in the mouse. Cell. 83(3):473-82 (1995)
5. JAX mice for mouse information
6. Knock-out mice generation procedure scheme picture